Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stagnant

(Or: Samantha and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week.)

It's been a ROUGH week. My job happiness lowered significantly *ugh*, The Hubs received some disappointing news at his job (but to be fair, we're STILL employed which is always a good thing), then I ended my work week a day early when Thursday I was so sick that The Hubs had to come pick me up at work (my car's still parked at my work's parking lot)! I stayed home Friday (obvs), and through self-diagnosis I think it was a mild form of bubonic plague. However, this bug somehow made my already-in-pain back feel a million times worse somehow, so I've been physically ill and injured. Insult AND injury. It was a fitting way to end a crap-tastic week.

However, I was able to shower this morning, and DayQuil helped get me through most of today but groggy. I haven't left the house in almost 2 days. I wanted to today, but my back was actually the bigger jerk (which convinced me to take some pain meds, which FINALLY gave me some relief... for about 4 hours before knocking me out, I'm a real wimp when it comes to anything stronger than a cocktail). I had plans to catch up on some work at my room, then meet my mom nearby for lunch/shopping, but I could tell neither of those were going to happen. Cute mom moment: I called, she answered, and all I had to say was "Hi Mom" and she replies, "OH NO! You poor thing!" She knows my sick voice that well, hahaha. Forever a mom, I guess, even when your "baby" is 30+ years old.

So due to all this back pain/work pain/illness has completely de-motivated me to make my life the focus of improvement. Which is fine, if a little frustrating because I can't do it for circumstances beyond my control. Just need to let my body heal, blah blah blah, hippie voodoo mottos, etc.

It would be really nice for my back to stop being a jerk so I can get on with my life. Which all I mean is that I want to get back to focusing on the good stuff in life and being more active. Which in this case means "off my butt and playing volleyball/walking my dog/anything other than sitting & lying down". UGH.

This week is a new week. I'm feeling better and I hope this week will go better.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you feel MUCH better next week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...