Sunday, January 27, 2013

Next Steps

As I've probably mentioned a few times, I want to live a beautiful life. Focusing on little things that bring me joy - a home I'm comfortable and proud of, good food, and spending time with my loved ones.

After the long hours I've put into my current job (and to be "rewarded" with a pink slip for all of this effort), it made me realize that while I am proud to be passionate about my career field, it's become a distraction from the previously mentioned goal. It lead to me neglecting everything outside of work, and while I plan to finish my contract without neglecting my students, I also plan to take this as a sign that I need to re-align my focus.

Go figure, this re-focus comes at the same time that my body literally added injury to insult. Last Sunday I woke up with a sore back, but continued on like it wasn't and made it worse, and it seriously hasn't stopped hurting all freaking week. UGH. It's JUST now starting to get to a point of tolerable. So all the things I want to get started on had to take a back seat so I could heal (plus still working the whole time didn't really help, heh).

Luckily, we have a vacation week around President's Day, so I'm thinking I'll start working towards all the habits I want to develop, and any of those habits that need more focus can be during that week.

Also, during this vacation week will begin the job search; I've decided to keep working in education, but expanding what I define as "working" to consider other parts of the field. I'll also be looking in other fields as well, but only if I see something that genuinely interests me. The Hubs is very supportive and encouraging, and believes in me as a creative person; if we can find a way for me to be creative and bring in enough income, he's behind it. It's something I'm considering as well.

All in all, I'm looking at this situation as a re-direction to finding what makes me happiest. I think being an educator is part of that, but I don't know if the education field and I share the same vision. We'll see where I'm meant to be. Despite the negative circumstances, I'm actually looking to move forward and stop relying on my job to fulfill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...