- THERE IS SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF COMING OUT THIS MONTH. I'm a pop culture junkie, and I am seriously OMG SO EXCITED. My favorite show, "Community", comes back this Thursday, followed by the premiere of "The Hunger Games" movie (!!!!), followed by the season premiere of "Mad Men" (!!!), followed by the season premiere of "Game of Thrones"! (Ok, technically "Game of Thrones" comes back on April 1st, but I'm still counting it.) Of course, I then have to wait until the end of May for the next big thing ("The Dark Knight Returns"). So the excitement will have to last me a while. ;p
- Had a last-minute dinner party last night, and it went surprisingly well! I say "surprisingly" because my insecurities about our tiny apartment make me worry that I'm not a good hostess... but I know that's wrong because I'm a more-than-decent cook, I make sure my home is always clean as possible, and I try my best to be accommodating. Really, what else can you do to be a good hostess? :D Considering how much laughter was had and how much food was eaten, I think I did good. We played Munchkin Zombies, which is SUCH a fun game. We need to get our own version of Munchkin, so we have some variety to play depending on whose house we're at. It was a great night, and it reminded me how blessed I am to have such lovely people in my life who enjoy my company. :)
- Speaking of the dinner party, I was able to cook a meal that met all of the necessary dietary concerns for the guests possible, and was completely crowd-pleasing. I was so proud! AND my guests were considerate of my dietary concerns and brought a dessert that I could eat, which was ALSO awesome!
- Speaking of my dietary concerns, my "concerns" are basically figuring out which things I can still eat without getting sick. By "sick" I mean I don't feel like ass after I eat it. It's frustrating, because it's hard to figure out how things will affect me sometimes; the "sick" feelings take a little while to come about after eating for some foods, but others are instantaneous. Some foods I can still eat but in small amounts, and I'm still figuring out how "small" that is. It's annoying, and as my friend last night said (with her own different dietary issues), it feels like a betrayal from your body. So I'm still trying to find my comfort zone with it, I guess. Some days are better than others, and it's human nature to fight change, but I'm noticing a reluctance to eat the stuff I know will make me feel yucky more and more, and that once I find the balance that makes me happy and healthy, I'll be committed.
- Things are finally calming down, but it's actually a bad thing. Well, not a bad thing in most respects, but I'm still in this mode of "I have free time! I MUST DO NOTHING." Which, when I only have free time once a week, is ok, but now that I have a little more free time it's not so acceptable. Y'know? So I need to snap myself out of it... especially since I have a paper due by Wednesday night. Why, yes, I HAVEN'T started it, how did you know?
- In regards to this here blog, I'm at a stalemate. It's not that I don't want to write... I do, a lot, actually. Often I'm writing in my head while I do something else where I can't be at a computer... then I get home and have free time and... well, see previous bullet point. There's also the issue of keeping a certain amount of privacy and anonymity because I'm not set in my career field as a teacher, and some things I'd like to write about are possibly things that could be held against me by a vindictive parent (IF I ever got to that point, which I'd like to think wouldn't happen, but it's a very real concern in this new world of social media and helicopter parents). So it's either write what I want to write and consequences be damned, or play it safe. Considering I can't make a living off my writing (at least not yet), I'm in "play it safe" mode... which limits my conversation topics. Which makes me bored, and I fear bores what few readers I have. So I'm in contemplation mode. My posting will probably continue to be sporadic as I figure this out. It is what it is.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
I disappeared again. Lots of stuff going on, lots of stress, but things are finally starting to calm down. That said, here's what's been on my mind lately: