Thursday, July 1, 2010

Martha Screwups: My Black Thumb

So since I proclaimed this to be the blog of a Hot-Mess Housewife, I gotta be honest when I done f***'d up. I've decided to call these little anecdotes/warnings of how not to live "Martha Screwup"s. Get it? Like Martha Stewart? 'Cuz I am NOTHING like her. 'Cept for the jail time. (KIDDING, MOM! JUST KIDDING!)

I am having no freakin' luck when it comes to planting flowers.

Ok, so at the end of May, I caught a little sniffly cold, and my sweet The Hubs brought home a small pot of Parade roses for me as a get better gift. I aww'd, then the following weekend asked my stepdad (who is a MASTER gardener, seriously, he is BOMB) how to plant them in a bigger pot to keep them growing! He is thrilled I'm interested in gardening, so he even gives me some soil in a spare pot, and explains how to do it. I just need to go buy a small bag of soil, as he didn't have enough of the right kind to start me off. Awesome!

I come home, and the next day (Sunday) wake up with a cold from HELL. I don't think it was the flu, but it was an evil little bug. Seriously, I was still shaking it off the following Friday... and didn't get a chance to get the potting soil needed, and the roses died. Boo.

Undeterred, two Sundays ago I buy another little bush. Still need to buy the soil, though! I am a bit of a procrastinator, but I figure I'll get around to it!

Yeah, then our truck has to be put down (can't pass smog - it IS 15 years old!) so we have to share our car, and then this week was the 3rd tri-annual Back Goes Out 'Cuz of Evil Office Chair event... where The Hubs forbade me from lifting anything or even getting off my feet (and I'm not even pregnant yet! If this is how he treats me for a back injury, can't wait until I'm carrying his seed! Now THAT'S some gardening I can get into...)

Anyway, moral of the story is that my Hot Mess-ness has killed two rose bushes now. *sigh* I suck. That's $10 down the drain.

3rd time's the charm?

By the way, Mom, if you read this, please please please don't tell Raymond. I'm so embarrassed. xP

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...