Monday, November 8, 2010

Music Monday – “Music to Clean to”... When you don't want to






There's just something about anger-cleaning. Oh man, piss me off and I will scrub a tile counter until it's powder again. Also, sometimes you just have to hear some catchy anger-bang music. Y'know?

Of course, the inspiration behind this long-overdue Music Monday is due to falling in love with Cee Lo Green's "F*** You". That song is freaking AWESOME. It would've been my entrance music wherever I went in college, as I was one BITTER kitten.

Anyway. This is about finding proper motivation to clean, not smack ex-boyfriends/girlfriends (hey, whatever you fancy, people; no judgment here). So what if that toilet bowl looks exactly like that jerk who dumped you right before Valentine's Day? SCRUB THE SH** OUT OF HIS STUPID JERKFACE!

*ahem*

The playlist (Just over 54 minutes):

  • "F*** You", Cee Lo Green
  • "Don't Call Me Baby", Madison Avenue
  • "White Knuckles", OK Go
  • "Breakin' Up", Rilo Kiley
  • "Gives You Hell", either version (I prefer the GLEE version 'cuz I'm a total Gleek, but the original by All-American Rejects is good, too)
  • "Hate to Say I Told You So", The Hives (Whatever happened to them?)
  • "Threshold", Beck
  • "Black Tongue", Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • "Kiss Off", Violent Femmes
  • "A.D.I.D.A.S." Korn (Just a hint: It ain't about shoes.)
  • "If", Janet Jackson (Ok, this one isn't so much about the anger as it is about the bangin', but I like the almost-threatening manner she takes on, like, "IF YOU KNEW BETTER YOU'D BE HITTIN' THIS PIECE, DUMBASS!")
  • "The Seed (2.0)", The Roots & Cody Chestnutt
  • "Laura", Scissor Sisters (if only for the awesome line of, "This'll be the last time I ever cut your hair")
  • "Operate", Peaches
  • "Tattooed Love Boys", The Pretenders
  • "My Favorite Mistake", Sheryl Crow

1 comment:

  1. These are great! and I am definitely stealing some ideas! I love angry work out music.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...