|Not my creation, but wish it was!|
, with my job situation taking a turn for the worse I've tried to make my life take a turn for the best instead. As such, I've been doing a lot of "self-care" - you know, all the things I was avoiding doing out of wanting to be the best employee ever and sacrificing myself for apparently no good reason. (NO I'M NOT BITTER, WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT)
As such, ever since mid-January I've actually been feeling a LOT more balance... and go figure, I'm still keeping up just fine at work with less hours. Work is still getting me down (see the last entry), but I've gotten much better about leaving it at work and enjoying my life outside of it.
The things I do for self-care:
- hot herbal tea before I go to bed
- painting my nails
- buying small, cheap bouquets of fresh flowers to set on my dining room table - bright, pretty flowers when I cook/prep in my kitchen make me smile
- playing volleyball
- snuggling with my dog/The Hubs
- making myself look cute (hair, makeup, cute clothes)
- reading funny comics and the "humor" category of Pinterest
- watching my "junk food" movies that are just visually lovely
- spend time with my friends, esp. close friends who will listen to me vent
- treat myself to little treats, like nail polish or a cute cheap top
What do you do to take care of yourself?